Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Thursday

I started this post to discuss my morning of misfortunes after a very late night which ended in a car ride home full of secrets and a few orders of large fries from McDonalds. Brownies was most definitely a successful night, ran into some hometown friends who attend Villanova and as always Saint Joe's senior class in its entirety.

This morning however was not quite as successful, after contemplating attending my 10AM marketing strategy class I decided it would be nothing but beneficial of me to attend and get that business education my parents love me to receive. After managing to make it out of bed, double checking with my roommate Sara who has the class before me if it is worth me actually attending the class, I make my way to campus only to find that even though I am roughly and miraculously 7 minutes early for class there is no parking to find in the Mandeville (the business building) parking lot which is just one of many oh so great aspects of Saint Joe's... NO parking. Eh, this is not entirely true, we do have a parking garage called the Hawks Landing across the street from campus but who wants to walk that extra 10 yards? Certainly not me and certainly not in 20 degree weather, a nasty wind and fighting a very severe hangover. After relentlessly circling the parking lot, getting several dis-concerning looks from fellow hawks due to me tailing anyone who walks out of the building praying for that first sight of keys meaning a SPOT. 20 minutes go by and I decide that it is too late for me to attend class and stubbornly drive over to the parking garage, having to park on the 4th floor and walk to the building. 10AM class?? FAIL, I blame Saint Joe's, the universe, and all other hawks parking in the lot, but actually I just blame anything except my stubbornness which is the true reason for not attending class, OH WELL.

I sit for a few minutes in the Campbell Library fuming over my most recent mishaps when my frat daddy calls me up and asks if I would like to go get a sandwich. My answer? why yes of course I would love a sandwich, hey maybe this morning is taking a turn for the better. After a quick ride to the Main Line and a few snide remarks made by my frat-tastical guy about how I am most certainly still a little under the influence of last night, we arrive at Carlinos. This is my first time going to this magical italian deli/ market and let me tell you as soon as I walked through the door all of my memories from being abroad in Florence, Italy come rushing back and I fall in love. We both order a roast pork sandwich with brocoli rab and hot peppers along with some fresh juice. To. Die. For. Everything is fresh and all natural and makes me feel like I  am being swept away to Due Fratolini, my most favorite sandwich stand in Florence. 

And now I sit across from my vineyard vines croakie wearing guy writing this and thinking about the sports articles I have yet to read for my Business of Sports class at 2:30. Better get my life together, I think it's about time considering its already halfway through the day.

Ready set college.

The view from my window when I studied abroad in Florence, Italy. Yes that is the duomo and yes it was as amazing as you are probably thinking it was...

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to explore Carlinos with you and be whisked away to Firenze again!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saying that not all the seniors were there....There was a population of V.I.P's not in attendance....check yo self girl

    ReplyDelete